Atlantic Technology IWTS-30SR THX In-Wall Surround Speakers – (Pair)
The IWTS-14 and 30 SR are called surround speakers because that’s what they do. They surround you with the environmental sounds of the scene taking place on the screen. No matter whether in Dolby Surround®, Dolby Digital®, DTS®, or any other format, the surround speakers are there to deliver non-localizable environmental sonic cues.
These horizontally-mounted speakers offer a unique combination of benefits. They deliver true Dipole surround performance, and yet, thanks to it minimum footprint design, fit easily into a standard 2 x 4 studded wall!
Each speaker consists of two sets of matched drivers –in essence, two speaker systems. In Dipole mode these two systems operate “out of phase” with each other.
The speaker’s sound radiation pattern is similar to an infinity symbol, sweeping along the wall to each side. There’s a distinct null or “dead zone” centered directly in front of the speaker which is in turn centered on the seating area. When properly placed and balanced, this creates a large, diffuse, non-localizable, and enveloping sound field that draws you into the action.
Should you have an installation in which Dipole operation might be less than optimal, the speakers can easily be switched to Bipole operation.
- Both the IWTS-14 SR and 30 SR are Frequency Enhanced Dipoles. They operate as a Monopole from 200Hz down, thereby eliminating the Dipole’s tendency to cancel its own bass output. These are true-wide range speakers, fully capable of taking advantage of the latest Digital multi-channel formats.
- A front mounted switch toggles between Bipole and Dipole mode.
- They fit in standard “two by four”, sixteen inch on-center wall construction
- Both speakers feature computer-optimized 18dB/octave crossovers with air core inductors.
- Input connections are made with gold plated, heavy duty spring loaded terminals that will accept up to 8 gauge wire, banana plugs, or connector pins.
- Paint shields are supplied making them easy to paint to match the surrounding wall surface.
Dual 5 1/4″ (135mm) GLH midranges w/Butyl rubber surrounds, Dual 1″ (25mm) softdome tweeters w/neodymium magnet and ferrofluid cooling
Switchable Dipole or Bipole array
80Hz – 20kHz +/-3dB
87dB, 1 watt, 1 meter
25-150 Watts RMS
Overall Dimensions (H x W x D)
12 1/8x 15 5/8 x 3 3/4″, 308 x 397 x 96mm
Cutout dimensions (H x W)
10 3/4 x 14 1/4″, 273 x 362mm