Martin Logan Motion 30i Center Channel Speaker
Significant Dynamic Impact and Detailed Imaging
The Motion 30i is MartinLogan’s latest Motion series center channel speaker designed for smaller multi-channel audio systems. Your enjoyment of movies and multi-channel music will benefit from the significant dynamic impact and detailed imaging revealed by a Folded Motion® tweeter and dual, rear-vented 5.5″ aluminum cone woofers, and a proprietary Vojtko crossover network.
The Motion 30i delivers the classic broad soundstage of the Motion Series from a newly designed enclosure enhanced by the slightest of modifications, including the drive-stabilizing dust cap design and stiffened motor suspension. The speaker’s cabinet sports a reinforced baffle and a fabric grille. Available in three stylish finishes: gloss black, matte white, and red walnut.
“Beautiful, thoughtfully designed speakers with a sound that begs you to plant yourself on the couch and watch movies for hours on end,” notes Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity in a September 30, 2019 review of a multi-channel system using Motion 40i, 30i, and 15i speakers. “These are high-performance and designed to deliver refined sound with stunning dynamic range and ‘jaw-dropping’ clarity.”
- High Frequency Transducer: 1″ × 1.4″ (2.6cm × 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25″ × 1.75″ (13.3cm × 4.4cm) diaphragm
- Low Frequency Transducer: Two 5.5” (14cm) aluminum cone with cast polymer basket. Non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes.
- Components: Precision Vojtko™ with custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors. Polypropylene film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel. Overall system thermal/current protection.
- Inputs: Custom 5-way bi-wire tool-less binding posts
- Frequency Response: 65–25,000 Hz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-200 watts per channel
- Horizontal Dispersion: 80°
- Vertical Dispersion: 80°
- Sensitivity: 91 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 400 & 2,600 Hz
- Dimensions: 6.9″ x 16.5″ x 10.5″
- Weight: 18 lbs.