PSB CS650 In-ceiling speaker – Each
- ideal for an in-ceiling music system or overhead effects in a home theater system
- 1″ titanium dome tweeter with neodymium magnet
- tweeter is aimable — direct it towards you for better high-frequency detail
- built-in dual-position switch lets you adjust the tweeter output level
- 6-1/2″ carbon-filled woofer
- built-in dual-position switch lets you adjust the woofer output level
- a high-quality crossover delivers smooth frequency distribution between the woofer and tweeter
- frequency response: 48-20,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 10-100 watts
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- includes both round and square magnetic paintable grilles
- speaker cutout diameter: 8-3/8″
- circular grille diameter: 9-1/4″
- square grille dimensions: 9-5/16″W x 9-5/16″H
- mounting depth: 4-11/16″
CustomSound Series: PSB’s CustomSound series of high performance architectural loudspeakers offer superior stereo and home theatre sound in residential and commercial applications. Designed inside the anechoic chamber at Canada’s National Research Council, the CustomSound series speakers are engineered with PSB’s unparallel driver technology and expertise.
6.5″ Carbon-Filled Polypropylene Woofer: Featuring PSB’s trademark carbon-filled polypropylene 6.5″ woofer with rubber surround, this speaker has a warm and balanced sound with plenty of power handling thanks to the high temperature voice coil.
Aimable 1″ Titanium Dome Tweeter: The 1″ titanium dome tweeter, another proprietary PSB driver, is concentrically mounted and features a carefully engineered Wave Guide and ball-joint pivot mount assembly. This allows the tweeter to go lower in frequency, creating a perfect blend with the woofer in the crossover region, and allows the tweeter to be aimed toward the listening position for enhanced musical imaging.
Tweeter & Woofer Level: Adjustment for the level of the tweeter and woofer allow you to “dial-in” the best blend of high and low frequency response for the speaker and its acoustic environment after installation to achieve the most musical balance for every room. The tweeter and woofer level switches are located on the front of the speaker and can be set to +3dB or 0dB.
Precision Crossover Network: The PSB CustomSound series in-ceiling loudspeaker utilizes a precision crossover network between the woofer and concentrically mounted tweeter for a smooth wide-band response.
Spring-Post Terminals: The PSB CustomSound series in-ceiling speaker is outfitted with spring-post terminals to connect your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, and banana-plugs (single only).
In-Ceiling Installation: The CustomSound series in-ceiling loudspeaker features a slim and discrete profile that practically disappears in the room thanks to its low-profile perforated grille and frameless design, making the speaker easy to install and conceal in all types of rooms. The in-ceiling speaker employs four high strength doglegs for easy installation and removal. In part to their wide dispersion characteristics and other aspects of their superb sonic performance, mounting position in your room is very flexible.
- Cutout Size: 8.375″
- Mounting Depth: 4.6875″ (including drywall)
- Mounting Height: 0.1875″
- Speaker Frame Diameter: 9.25″
- Grille Frame Dimensions: 9.3125″ (w) x 9.3125″ (h)
Paintable Steel Grille (Round & Square): The CustomSound series in-ceiling speaker comes with both round and square magnetic frameless grilles. The grilles use high-strength magnets for easy installation of the grilles to the speaker. The grille is constructed of painted steel and can be re-painted to match your ceiling following standard painting practices and techniques (spraying, not rolling or brushing, will yield best results).